Want to Publish Your First Business Book? Here's What Worked for Me

Kristi Hedges, Forbes

Ready to publish a book? It's a long road until you find your book here. But worth the effort.

I would venture to guess that on a survey of bucket lists, publishing a book would rank at the top 10%, somewhere near running a marathon and exotic travel. I’m a new author, so people regularly share their own publishing dreams with me and ask for advice. Many of us have an inner drive to impart our ideas, and though I can’t say with certainty what a magic formula to publishing a book is, I can say what worked for me. Hope it can work for you too.

Last week, my book Power of Presence: Unlock Your Potential to Influence and Engage Others officially released. I started the process about two years ago nearly to the day. Way back, I floated the idea by a seasoned author and he asked me, “what are you trying to get out of your system?” I thought it odd at the time, but now I can see that any idea you commit that much time and energy to expressing should be one that you’re willing to keep top of mind foryears. In some ways, writing a book is part research practicum and personal exorcism.

Tip #1: Make sure you care about the topic, and care a lot.

CLICK HERE to read the full story.



Remember to follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook to be the first to learn about new releases, see behind-the-scenes at BP Wiz headquarters, and stay on top of the latest news from the publishing world!

No comments: