How a Debut Author Used His Old College to Find New Readers


By: Jason Boog

How can a debut travel writer set up author events? One author used his old college to build a network of new readers.

Today’s guest on the Morning Media Menu was Andrew Blackwell, author of Visit Sunny Chernobyl. He shared travel writing and promotion tips that all kinds of authors can use.

Here’s an excerpt from the interview: “As a first-time author, I can’t expect the publisher to fly me around and set things up for me. I can’t even expect to show up in Denver or Oklahoma City and have more than a few people show up. So I’m trying to build relationships where I can give something to a particular organization. Out of that, I can build events. The first thing I did, I called up my college alumni magazine and they wanted to do something.” CLICK HERE to read the full article.

Remember to follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook to be the first to learn about new releases, see behind-the-scenes at BP Wiz headquarters, and stay on top of the latest news from the publishing world!

No comments: