Would you Buy a Cheap Kindle, But with Inbuilt Ads?

Every time I think about buying a Kindle, I realize that iPad is better. Here is why: Kindle is light and its battery lasts for a long time. I would use it for Instapaper and reading books. Which is pretty ok for a device that costs139 dollars.



Amazon is now launching „Advertisement Kindle”. You pay 25 dollars less ( 144 dollars that is), but you can see commercials on your screensaver instead of book covers. As long as the commercials are ok and you also have the chance to choose what you want to see, then I would say this is not a bad offer. I have been trying to figure it out whether the commercials make up for the 25 dollars you save, but I have come to the conclusion that they don’t. Not yet, at least.

I am pretty sure that Amazon will sooner or later sell the current Kindle for a couple of bucks or they will even give it for free. I would not be surprised to get it because I already have an Amazon Prime account. Or, even better, as an extra item for every 3-5 books bought from Kindle Store.

On the other hand, I do not want to recommend Kindle – I know that an iPad can do much more. I do read a lot, but after 5 articles from Instapaper and a magazine I do want to see a video podcast or some pictures. Kindle would not let me do this. This toy from Amazon is the ideal thing for those who read a lot and do not want to carry a bag full of books with them. I can’t wait to see the day when school text books or at least compulsory high school books are available on this device. 

Written By: Geek With a Laptop

No comments: